NGO Registration Consultancy in West Bengal
Best NGO Registration Consultant in West Bengal Advocate Banshidhar Pramanik is a 9 years experienced NGO Activist & Legal Consultant in Kolkata, West Bengal.
To register an NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) in West Bengal, India, you will typically need to follow a few specific steps. Here’s a general guideline for the registration process:
- Choose the Appropriate Legal Structure: Decide on the type of NGO you want to establish. In India, the most common legal structures for NGOs include:a. Trust: A public charitable trust is created for charitable purposes. It’s governed by the Indian Trusts Act, 1882.
b. Society: A society is formed under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. It’s suitable for large-scale activities.
c. Section 8 Company: Section 8 companies are registered under the Companies Act, 2013. They are suitable for larger NGOs with more extensive operations.
- Name Your NGO: Choose a unique name for your NGO and ensure it’s not similar to existing organizations. You can check the availability of your chosen name with the Registrar of Societies or the Registrar of Companies, as applicable.
- Prepare the Memorandum and Rules/Regulations: Draft the memorandum of association and rules/regulations for your NGO. This document outlines the objectives, governance structure, and operational procedures of your organization.
- Gather the Required Documents: Prepare the necessary documents, including the memorandum and rules, a list of governing body members, their identification and address proof, and a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the property owner (if applicable).
- Register Your NGO:a. For Trusts:
- You can register a trust by creating a trust deed. The trust deed should be executed on non-judicial stamp paper and signed by the trustees. It should also be registered with the local Sub-Registrar.
b. For Societies:
- Prepare the memorandum of association and rules/regulations as per the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
- Submit these documents to the Registrar of Societies in West Bengal.
- Pay the registration fee and follow the prescribed process.
c. For Section 8 Company:
- Choose a suitable name for your company and apply for its approval from the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA).
- After name approval, draft the memorandum and articles of association.
- File for incorporation with the MCA.
- Get an Income Tax Exemption: To avail tax benefits for your NGO, you will need to apply for 12A and 80G registration with the Income Tax Department. This will grant your NGO tax-exempt status.
- Maintain Proper Accounts: NGOs are required to maintain proper financial records and undergo regular audits.
- Comply with Local Laws: Ensure that your NGO complies with all local, state, and national laws and regulations relevant to your activities.
- Open a Bank Account: Open a bank account in the name of your NGO using the registration documents.
- Start Your NGO’s Activities: Once registered, you can begin your NGO’s charitable activities.
It’s advisable to seek legal counsel or consult with a professional who specializes in NGO registration in West Bengal to ensure you follow all the necessary legal procedures. The registration process may vary slightly based on the specific legal structure you choose and any changes in regulations, so keeping up with the latest requirements is important.
If you’re looking for consultancy services to help you with the registration and management of your NGO in West Bengal, you can consider reaching out to NGO consultants or consultancy firms that specialize in this field. These consultants can provide guidance and support throughout the process. Here are some steps to find NGO consultancy services in West Bengal:
- Online Search: Start with an online search using keywords like “NGO registration consultants in West Bengal” or “NGO consultancy services West Bengal.” This should give you a list of potential consultancy firms or individuals.
- Local Business Directories: Check local business directories, both online and in print, for consultancy services in West Bengal.
- Ask for Recommendations: You can ask for recommendations from other NGOs or individuals who have experience in this field. They may be able to refer you to trusted consultants.
- Social and Professional Networks: Reach out to your social and professional networks, including colleagues, friends, or contacts in the nonprofit sector. They might know of reputable consultancy services.
- NGO Associations: Contact local and regional NGO associations or federations in West Bengal. They often maintain a list of recommended consultants.
- Visit Government Offices: Visit local government offices related to NGOs or charitable organizations. They may have information on authorized consultants.
- Check Online Platforms: There are online platforms and directories that list consultants and service providers. You can explore websites like IndiaMART or Justdial.
- When you contact potential consultancy services, here are some important considerations:
- Credentials: Verify the credentials and experience of the consultants or consultancy firms. Ensure they have a good track record of helping NGOs register and operate successfully.
- Services Offered: Inquire about the specific services they offer, including NGO registration, legal compliance, funding, and capacity building.
- Fees: Understand their fee structure and any additional costs associated with their services. Compare the fees with multiple consultants to get an idea of the market rates.
- Client References: Ask for references from other NGOs they have assisted. Contact these organizations to learn about their experiences with the consultancy.
- Communication: Ensure that you can communicate effectively with the consultant and that they understand your goals and objectives for the NGO.
- Written Agreement: Once you decide on a consultant, make sure to have a written agreement that clearly outlines the services to be provided, the fees, and the expected timeline.
Keep in mind that while a consultant can be valuable in navigating the registration process and ensuring legal compliance, it’s essential to stay actively involved and informed about the operations of your NGO. The consultant should work in collaboration with your team to achieve your organization’s mission and goals.
Advocate B. Pramanik & Associates is the best NGO Registration Consultancy in West Bengal. To Register your NGO you should have connect with Advocate B Pramanik NGO Consultancy.
Email us: email@example.com or Call us at +91 93339055647 (NGO Registration expert)