According to the latest property registration rules in Kolkata, any individual who wants to buy or sell a property must do so through a registered real estate agent. The process of registration is simple and can be done online. However, before you register your property, it is important to understand the different types of properties that can be registered in Kolkata. For instance, there are residential properties, commercial properties, and agricultural properties. Each type of property has its own set of rules and regulations. In this blog post, we will explain the process of property registration in Kolkata and how you can do it yourself. We will also provide some tips on what you need to know before registering your property.
Property registration is the process of registering a property with the local authorities. This is usually done at the time of purchase, but can also be done later on. The process generally involves filling out a form and providing proof of ownership, such as a deed or title deeds. Once the property is registered, the owner will be able to obtain a property tax certificate, which is required in order to sell the property.
The process of property registration in Kolkata is quite simple and straightforward. However, there are certain things that you need to keep in mind while registering your property. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to do property registration in Kolkata:
1) The first step is to visit the office of the Sub Registrar of Assurances. This office is responsible for registering all properties in Kolkata.
2) You will need to submit the required documents at the office, which includes the sale deed, identity proof, and address proof.
3) Once the documents are submitted, you will be required to pay the registration fee. The fee varies depending on the value of your property.
4) After paying the registration fee, you will be given a date on which you need to visit the office again for verification purposes.
5) On the specified date, you will need to submit the original documents at the office and get them verified by a sub-registrar officer.
6) Once your documents are verified, you will be given a registration certificate, which needs to be kept safely as it acts as proof of your ownership over the property.
The documents required for property registration in Kolkata are as follows:
1. The sale deed or the conveyance deed duly registered with the concerned Sub-Registrar of Assurances.
2. The latest property tax receipt issued by the Municipal Corporation of Greater Kolkata (Municipal Corporation of Kolkata for short).
3. A No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Urban Development Authority (UDA) or any other competent authority, as may be required.
4. The blueprint or layout plan of the property duly approved by the concerned authorities.
5. An occupancy certificate issued by the municipality or any other competent authority, as may be required.
6. The title deeds / chain of ownership documents in respect of the property, if any.
The average fees for property registration in Kolkata is Rs. 4,500 for properties worth up to Rs. 30 lakhs. The registration fee for properties worth more than Rs. 30 lakhs is calculated at 1% of the total value of the property. In addition to the registration fee, there are other charges that must be paid, including stamp duty and service tax.
Property registration in Kolkata provides numerous benefits to the property owners. It helps them keep a track of their property ownership, avoid disputes and legal complications, and also avail certain government benefits. Furthermore, it also protects the buyers from any fraud or misrepresentation by the sellers.
I hope this article on how to do property registration in Kolkata has been helpful. The process can be a bit confusing, but if you follow the steps outlined here, you should be able to get it done without any problems. Remember to bring all of the required documents with you and to have them translated into Bengali if necessary. Good luck!
We can recommend B Pramanik & Associates is a Legal Services Law Firm based in Kolkata, India. We provide a range of legal services to businesses, Property and individuals, including company formation, legal documentation and advice on various legal matters.
They are a one-stop solution for all your legal needs, and our team of experienced lawyers can provide you with the best possible advice and assistance on any legal matter.
If you need any legal services or advice, please do not hesitate to contact them today.